Monday 4 July 2011

Refilling the well

At this time of year I slip away to Turkey to visit family and friends. The change of scene and the kind welcome is always very refreshing. It helps enormously to shake me out of a tired routine and doubts about the latest WIP.

My current WIP is set in Istanbul, when it was Constantinople. I wanted to write a story about Lady Hester Stanhope but not with her as heroine. Bit by bit the elements have come together and she plays an important role without in any way compromising her character or the events of her stay in Constantinople.

Staying with family and living in Turkish society is also providing material for background events and characters. And of course, there are the usual holiday pleasures of blue sea and sky, the fragrant pinewoods and the scent of the myrtle bushes that grow around my little house.



Time for a swim....and then tea - in a tulip glass - under the pine trees.

2 comments:

  1. MANY MORE HAPPY DAYS AT MK.
    LOVE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, May. It is my [well - our] special secret paradise at Mavikent.

    ReplyDelete